It’s officially Spring! And while you can’t tell by the looks of it here in Central Arkansas, we’re well on our way to warmer weather. If only the rain and clouds would finally move on to bring us that fun sun!
Even though I’m writing this blog wearing sweatpants and wrapped up in a blanket, I’m already dreaming about spring makeup, floral patterns, adorable wedges and fun summer dresses. It might be dreary outside but hey, I have a lavender candle burning.. that’s got to count for something!
To get myself out of this bad weather funk, I thought I would put together a few of my spring favorites for 2015! As always, I’ve made sure everything is accessible online AND affordable with nothing over $32!
1. Roller Lash Mascara – If you’re a makeup fan at all and haven’t heard about this new product by Benifit, you must be living under a rock. The company states that their “Hook ‘n’ Roll brush grabs, separates, lifts and curls…while the instant curve-setting formula holds for 12 hours.” I have to admit, the packaging itself sold me when I stumbled upon it in the store. It currently retails for $24 at Ulta.
2. Sugar Kisses Plus Size Dress – Not only is this spring/summer dress super adorable from the front, but it’s even more adorable from the back. The exposed zipper and lace adds a bit of uniqueness to what otherwise would have been a simple rayon dress. The best part? It’s on sale for $11.98 at Target.
3. Sam & Libby Arianna Gladiator Sandals – These adorable lace-up sandals are another fab find from Target. With a small wedge to add flair you can wear them with a dress, capris or shorts. They come in taupe and black and retail for $29.99.
4. Egyptian Bib Necklace – I mentioned this amazing necklace in my last post HERE. When I saw this piece it was definitely love at first sight. Because it doesn’t have any acutal color, only metals, this is a piece you can pick up for the spring to wear with a simple tee and skinny jeans and then transition it into the fall by layering it on a tank and adding a blazer. At $17.99 it’s hard to resist.
5. St. Moriz Instant Self-Tanning Lotion – Some have proclaimed this to be a dupe for the St. Tropez and I have to say that I agree. I’ve been using this product for the last couple of weeks and I’m in love. I put it on after my shower and before bed with an Ulta Tanning Mitt. It works overnight and when I wash off the color guard in the morning, I’m left with a beautiful glow. It takes a bit practice to get the technique down and to avoid missing areas or creating streaks but after a couple of tries its perfection. The best part is it’s more than HALF the price of the St. Tropez version! It currently retails for $12.99 at Ulta.
6. Rhinestone Framed Opal Button Stud Earrings – These beautiful studs are exactly what you need to add a bit of flair to your outfit. With an imitation opal surrounded by rhinestones, its bound sparkle in the warm spring sun! It also has a $5.00 sticker price which means you can’t afford not to add these beautiful earrings to your collection.
7. The Blushed Nudes by Maybelline New York – This gorgeous palette is part of the Mabelline “Nudes” collection and is a Wal-Mart exclusive. Filled with beautiful pinks and mauves it’s the perfect eye-shadow palette for the spring. If you’ve been wanting to try Naked 3 but don’t want to shell out the cash, try this palette instead for only $9.98. While it’s out of stock online as of this post, it won’t be long before it’s back in stock and ready to ship out to your neighborhood.
8. Faux Leather Satchel – This fun bag is just large enough to carry your spring essentials. It has both round handles and an additional adjustable strap to fit your preferences. The gold trim on the outside pocket gives it a little flash and sparkle. If you love it.. pick it up in the black version as well. You can find this beauty at Forever 21 for $27.80.
9. Lavender Foaming Body Scrub – With spring and summer outfits often leaving large amounts of our skin exposed, it’s important to keep it moisturized and healthy. I found this scrub a few months ago at a locally owned store about an hour from my house and I fell in love. It lathers up like a soap but exfoliates and hydrates your skin into oblivion. I promise this isn’t a purchase you’ll regret. You can pick it up in 4 sizes with prices ranging from $4.50-$32.00.